In today’s litigious business environment, most emerging small to mid-size businesses would greatly benefit from routine general legal services. They would have a strategic business advantage to have counsel who understands their business and is truly aligned with the corporate goals and strategy. The traditional multidisciplinary law firm fee for hourly service, while appropriate in many instances, is unworkable for many emerging companies for a variety of reasons.
As an entrepreneur business executive, and as an attorney/business counselor, Manfred Sternberg, has founded several companies, managed the day to day operations of publicly reporting companies, worked for and represented a broad spectrum of enterprises, including businesses in technology, software and website development, data communications, land development, financial institutions, oil and gas, professional services, health care and insurance.
This experience is reflected in the scope of legal services that may be provided, as generally described below.
- On-call to CEO/President and C-level management.
- Advise and recommend to the President/CEO/CFO, as appropriate, on activities that may require the hiring and engagement of an attorney in a particular legal specialization (e.g. securities, litigation, patent, environmental, tax) and effective management controls for such engagement
- Review agreements involving leases, licenses, nondisclosure, purchases, sales, leasing, employment, consulting, distribution, insurance, contract revisions, purchase order terms and conditions, marketing materials, vendor agreements and other legal matters.
- Assist managing projects, setting priorities and working independently, as well as part of a team.
- Business development on key strategic initiatives: Structure and negotiation support in setting up and maintaining strategic, product, outsourcing and general business partner relationships to support corporate initiatives.
- Review and approve communications, marketing materials, advertising copy and press releases supporting the company’s overall position and compliant with legal and financial requirements.
- Explore joint ventures and possible mergers & acquisitions, manage and support due diligence,
- Represent company, as appropriate, in its relationship with customers, competitors, suppliers, and similar groups.